During these unprecedented times, we wanted to take a moment to pull together some immediately actionable resources for kinship and adoption families statewide. COVID-19 has shaken all of our worlds, and we are sending you our very best during this time. Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay home as much as you are able. Know that we are all in this together.
- Coronavirus website https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/
- Website for families https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/home/family-activities/resources-for-parents-and-families
- Coronavirus website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Protect your Family website https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/protect-family.html
- Coronavirus website https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Unemployment Resources in Ohio http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouio/CoronavirusAndUI.stm
Fact Sheet for Grandfamilies
- Virtual Field Trips https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tVuqtWOl8Y0UHY1LWe7xCdY2b-H8pAHtN02saqjsz_I/edit
Scholastic, Learn at Home
- 20 Days of Educational information by grade level: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html?caching
- Ohio’s Imagination Library – communications about literacy resources https://ohioimaginationlibrary.org/enroll
Access to basic services during this time:
- Check with your local utility company about any utility forgiveness programs for the month of March.
- Check with local internet/cable companies to see if they are offering free or reduced internet accessibility during the month of March if you have a Kindergarten – 12th grader in your home.
- Check with your local school district about getting lunch delivered or pick up areas.
- Check with your local city agency about any other emergency assistance offers that are available.
- Many libraries are still providing access to digital resources such as e-books. Check your local libraries website for more information.
The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health
- SAMHSA’s Disaster Distress Helpline
- Toll-Free: 1-800-985-5990 (English and español)
- SMS: Text TalkWithUs to 66746
- SMS (español): “Hablanos” al 66746
- TTY: 1-800-846-8517
P.A.L.S. for Healing
Adoption-themed Books and Movies (from our friends at C.A.S.E.)